Welcome and a warm hello to you all.
The Council on Business & Society blog has met with quite a bit of success this year and we’re delighted to see people from all walks of life and from all over the world logging in every week to read our articles. This year has seen our readership in the USA and France sharing top place each month with the following other countries close behind: the UK, India, Ireland, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Japan and Canada. And there are even readers from China, Tajikistan, South Africa and Hawaii! Super to see you visiting us and reading the articles. A hearty welcome to you all!
Blogging for the common good
The blog first started out as a platform for faculty research and opinion from the member schools of the Council on Business & Society. The articles have become increasingly readable and increasingly (hopefully) practical in nature and a next step will be to offer the professionals, instructors, students and thinkers among you some neatly packaged tools to accompany them.
In 2018, we opened the blog to our students too – those having a conviction for responsible leadership and business practices as well as an underlying concern for the health of our planet. We also featured occasional pieces from business leaders and policy makers interested in sharing their expertise. All our contributors submit on a voluntary basis, without payment, as a sign of their commitment to making the business world a better place – and at the service of the wider society.
Opening up the Community blog to our readers
Reader comments have been very encouraging. And over the past three months or so, we’ve seen an increase in the number of you to ask if the blog is open to accepting articles penned by the blog’s readers.
In that light, we’ve decided to say yes – and open up the Community blog every first Wednesday of the month and give our readers the opportunity to publish via the CoBS. This will be for a trial period of 4 months until March 2020 to see how it goes and if we can improve and hopefully take it further.
We already have a first contribution from Canada for the 4th December 2019 on the theme of education.
If you want to have a voice, if you love writing, and if you think you can provide others with well-informed, objective and insightful reads, then we’d be delighted to receive your enquiries/submissions on the following themes covered by the CoBS:
- Well-being at work, responsible human resource management practices, ethics and compliance, entrepreneurship and social enterprise, diversity and inclusion, responsible innovation, gender equality, responsible finance, public policy, responsible leadership and management, health and healthcare, corporate governance, and business for the common good.
Before enquiring or submitting, please download the Guidelines and conditions and read carefully, as they contain important information on the expected style of writing and copyright conditions.
For any questions, please contact CoBS Editor-in-Chief Tom Gamble: email@example.com
Looking forward to giving you a voice. With kind regards,
Some of your comments in 2019 – with many thanks! 🙂
- These articles or blog posts are genuinely wonderful and I routinely move them on to my college students who’re facing/struggling with exams and research competencies – they listen to you in a very way they really don’t to me! Moinc
- This is one of the best sites [for articles] I have ever visited. We all need to support women entrepreneurs in every aspect. The content is very informative. Thank you for sharing it. ashwin
- Thanks for sharing this stuff, teaching innovation is one of the best points I found here, keep up the good work. Best Regards, Fek
- This is inspiring and thought-provoking. As businessmen, we indeed need to learn to live with sustainability and mind and we should also learn how to respond to environmental emergencies. Chelsea L
- Hi. I like your articles every week. Your writing style is witty, keep up the good work! Anon
- I love the advice for students about fostering intellectual curiosity. It seems like this can lead to a love and passion for almost anything, especially the energy sector. My brother in law is very interested in futures trading. He’s looking into energy market reports. Jake G
- I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for. I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome blog! Rudolphe H
- It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now I’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon! Alena Vayon
- I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your information. This article has really peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your website and keep checking for new information about once per week. I opted in for your Feed as well. Baten
- Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back later on. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice morning! Lanny Battaglino
- “[The Council’s] Global Voice – yet another boring think tank, you might say? Not at all! The content is professional, exhaustive and explained. The tone is interesting, certain articles are wittily pitched and the style is fluid. Highly recommended!” Nicolas Berrou, Business-cool.com
Discover Responsible Business and Leadership. Download Global Voice, the Council’s quarterly eMagazine:
The Council on Business & Society Global Alliance is an international alliance between six of the world’s leading business schools and an organiser of Forums focusing on issues at the crossroads of business and society – The Council Community helps bring together business leaders, academics, policy-makers, students and journalists from around the world. Follow us on Twitter @_The_CoBS . Visit the Council’s website for a host of information, learning opportunities, and free downloads.